It's easy as pie to get caught up in the hoopla. Social media is abound everywhere you look. There is always another awesome new soul to follow. You love this about that coach. That chic is totally out of this world. That one is super friggen rich. This one knows her shit. He's a no b.s.er. The list really goes on and on of how easy it is to get caught in every one else, be jealous and misguided and want to play on their playground.
Truth ~ their playground wasn't built in a day.
How to not lose your soul & agenda to the hype or next great marketing gimmick.
Spend some quality down time, alone with you! How else are you going to really get to know what makes you tick from the inside out.
design whatever floats your fancy ~ it's your own f'n playground. the one you have been dreaming about since you allowed your soul to breathe.
Here are 5 ways we get lost & leave our own playground for the grass being greener over there, because we aren't spending the quality time watering our own grass!! Water your own damn playground. stop running around, peaking over fences, mimicking this, being like them. really, your playground won't get built, will never be any fun if you keep running off!
Back to the 5 ways we lose our agenda:
1. Dress like the successful folks we are drooling over. Yup, I drool over Marie Forleo too. But really will I ever give up the fishing pole, worms and hol(e)y jeans to become successful. Even thinking about it, sounds silly!
2. Mimicking other website designs, creations, etc. ~ Ok. Let's be honest. Who hasn't been like, what a super cool idea, I'm gonna try that? All is good for certain aspects of design. list building, writing an e-book, creating products, but let's not forget our own stories, who we really are when we are creating these works of art. Don't you want your clients to say ~ This is such a simplicity Coaching creation the moment they see it. or do you want them to look at it, and think they are looking at some other coach's works of art. You want your stuff to speak volumes about who you really are! There is only one you, so make you honestly memorable. Stand out with your honesty.
3. You are where you are suppose to be. Wicked simple. I want my business to be based on what speaks to me because i lived it, got through it, know some magic on successfully getting through the down right ugly times. I'm not a health coach, because really to me exercise is walking. I'm not really the one to talk to if your a professional because I never chose that path. So basically you can't be every thing to everyone. Never will happen. Stop trying! Be you successfully and you will always win!
4. I don't know about you, but I didn't decide to start my own business so I could keep up with more Jones. Did you? We don't all want the same stuff. Some value vacations. Fancy cars. Pedicures. Three houses. Designer/trendy clothes And some of us love it simple. Gardening, fishing, a Redsox game, walking the dog, living day to day content knowing we are creating that life. Stick with what you value. don't try keeping up, it's an exhausting road.
5. Create what pulls at your heart. My personal biggie! Coaching has primarily been an industry that has reached out to the professional, high achiever, who is driven and has money to blow on high end products and courses. It is what it is. I've chosen my own path. Has it been easy, not even close! Many folks in the coaching industry think I am crazy for offering what I offer. and I always get your not gonna make a shit ton of money doing it this way. Did I ever say I wanted a ton of money??? Or do I want to continue living my simply awesome, quiet, out of debt, work from home, my time, my way life???
You have to ask yourself daily, sometimes hourly am I staying true to my own agenda? Getting creative spark & energy is different from losing yourself trying to mimic someone else's success.
I choose to coach people who are living paycheck to paycheck. Those that don't have a crap load, if any money saved. many don't have a college education to fall back on. They are not among the privileged, silver spooned club. and they don't run in the corporate professional circle.
But what they are:
tired of the same ole same ole
ready to risk some to change things up
done being victim to their own life
ready to own up to what's not working
and most importantly they are opening their eyes to their dreams, instead of following the paths that they were shown from their loved ones. Their loved ones mean well, they don't know any other way, so of course they direct you down the beatin path. It's tried, not always true.
I strongly believe in giving opportunities. Which is why I will continue operating on my own agenda.
Maybe some day we will meet down by the river, catch some fish and talk about our crazy ass dreams together..