Building businesses, huge dreams, world changing revolutions. It seems to be the wave & craze of so many people out there. Some will last, some will die a slow painful death, but all will still have that same revolutionary dream inside them, flickering to be revived and brought back to life. Because you see, true heart dreams don't die. They smother, until someone comes along, and blows a breathe of fresh air onto them, and they start to flicker, and go back into a full blown raging fire, burning deep down in your soul, heart and mind.
So what I wanted to talk about today:
Those huge dreams. Big life changes. Courage day in and day out. Revolutions that could change not only your life, but ripple out and touch the world! How do you keep that daily momentum going? How do you continue on without a ton of income coming in? How can you block out the negative voices in your own head, and the doubters that come and go in your life? Where do you find inspiration to keep you pushing? What's the plan to keep momentum moving without getting burned out? When things aren't moving at the speed you would like, how do you keep the ball rolling when your not feeling it anymore? How do you keep feeling it?
Here are a few hopefully helpful tips that will keep the momentum rolling, your energy consistent, and your internal fire burning...
1. Be Gentle with YOURSELF always!
2. Don't compare YOUR journey to someone else. You have no idea what their behind the scene life looks like, only what they show you on the front.
3. Be Careful with YOUR time. Put your time ahead of other unnecessary commitments. Pencil yourself IN first!
4. It's a long journey and will require stamina. Create a healthy routine that feeds your soul daily.
5. Be cautious who you share your dreams with. Not everyone has the courage and bravery to dream unconventionally.
6. Invest in YOU! Whether it's an e-course you want to take. Coaching one on one you would like to explore. A new hobby that has been tugging at your heart. A trip that keeps calling your name. Whatever it is that is pulling at YOU, don't ignore it. *Another tip inside a tip...Even if it means starting an account of $10.00 per week to save for it. Start that darn account! Create a plan and get going.
7. Follow those that inspire you to be your best. There are so many amazing folks out there doing incredible work, it's pretty easy & consuming to get caught up in 20 or more newsletters from these people. But honestly, reading, learning, following isn't action. Narrow your followings maybe down to 5 that you can totally relate too. Learn from and follow those that are in heart sync with what you stand for and believe in.
8. Finding your tribe. Easier said than done. Join some groups, become involved with activities that float your boat. And if you still don't find your perfect tribe. Create your OWN. That's the beauty of Facebook, Google Hangouts and other group platforms. Then start inviting folks that can relate and support each other that are in similar situations and have relevant goals/visions/dreams.
9. Don't be afraid to take a day off from life. Whether your starting a business, working on personal goals, or creating big changes. Working harder isn't the answer. Working SMARTER is. Sometimes smart is taking a breather! So get up, get away from all your goals, work, changes and go do something totally about YOU!
10. Create a space that will nurture you inside and out. Everyone should have some space that they can re-treat to and rejuvenate themselves. Whether it's a comfy chair in the corner of a room with your favorite quilt and books. Or a closet turned into a small office space. Whatever you need to do, to create a YOU space is a small act of self love devoted to your best self. It's an expression of "I love ME, enough to create this wonderful nurturing, sunny, happy place so I can come feel safe, loved, and cared for."
The journey of starting over is often a turbulent ride that requires extreme self care, honesty and devotion. It's not a process that will happen over night. It's a life long commitment to creating a new, better quality of life. One that must be not only taken serious, but with a dash of humor, lightness, and silliness. It's the laughter that will take the edge off when things are getting overwhelming and you just feel like breaking and re-treating back to old patterns, friends, and behavior. Any change will feel super uncomfy, but is a necessary move to getting through the barriers, obstacles, letting go of past pains, and current self sabotaging behavior. Again a process.
New habits, more self love, actions that are created intentionally based on your visions & dreams of how you would love your life to be, are the hardest to follow but the truest. And isn't that the point of great changes, being true to yourself, and honest with the world.
What's your hardest part of your journey? How do you keep momentum and fire burning in your heart daily? When you get discouraged, how do you bring yourself back to hope & courage?
Would love to hear your thoughts, ideas, & comments!
Lots of hugs